Ellen DeGeneres once said; “The world is full of fear and negativity, and much judgment. I just think people need to start shifting their focus onto joy and happiness. As corny as it sounds, we need, to make the shift.”
Ms. Keith is a retired Milwaukee Public School Language Arts teacher, and founder and president of the Milwaukee Writer’s Circle. Her healing memoir, Through it All: The Men I Choose to Love and the Lessons Learned, is soon to be released.
Heddy is certified in Hypno-Waving, a technique similar to Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing. EMDR is a psychotherapy treatment that was originally designed to alleviate distress associated with traumatic memories such as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), grief, and other traumas. She has experience working with veterans with PTSD.
Heddy uses her hypnotherapy skills to help ordinary people with ordinary problems change their minds and change their lives. Her specialty is Weight Loss, Diabetes Control, and Hypertension. Hypnotherapy is used to change old habits that keep people stuck. She helps her clients change negative thinking to positive focused thoughts, and their lives change for the better.
Heddy shares her story of how she lowered her A1C blood sugar, and lost 17 pounds in the process.
She is a certified Journal to the Self Instructor, working with veterans. And with children and adults writing to heal Grief and loss. Her passion for writing began at an early age. She says, “Writing is therapeutic. There’s something magical about writing that heals.”
Heddy stopped smoking over twenty years ago using hypnosis. Now, she helps other people break unwanted habits like smoking, anger management, stress, weight loss, as well as painful emotions. “Our emotions are at the root cause of bad habits. Breaking these habits can free you from fear, stress, and anxiety and create a healthy, happy life.”
- Master’s in Education from Cambridge College- Cambridge, MA
- Bachelor’s in Education from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Hypnosis Train the Trainer Certification – National Guild of Hypnotists
- Hypno-Waving- National Guild of Hypnotists
- Smoking Cessation- National Guild of Hypnotists- Don Mottin
- Emotional Freedom Technique Certification (EFT)- Milwaukee, WI
- Hypnosis Certification- Wisconsin Hypnosis Center, Dr. Lisa Stewart
- Center for Journal Therapy- Denver Colorado, certified instructor
- Teacher Certification- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Diploma Substance Abuse- University of Wisconsin- Madison
- Rites of Passage Facilitator- Dr. Anthony Mensah, UW-Milwaukee